Dating Pity Party (You are the author of your misery)
Connect with Suzie The Dating Diva at www.SingleDatingDiva.com
The single and dating pity party is a wild one! Lots of alcohol, trashy food, screaming, crying, anger, bitterness, resentment, blaming and shaming … what a wild ride!
• Make sure to bring pictures and items of significance. You might want to bring your phone so you can send irrational and emotional texts. This dating pity party promises to extinguish whatever positive hopeful light you still have lit inside of you BUT it’s your party and you can cry if you want to, right? Well…
• There’s no doubt we all have had our own pity party fueled by our craptastic dating life. I know I have.
• While these are completely normal and healthy, they should be temporary. Cry it out, mourn what it lost and move on.
• No one – absolutely NO ONE – deserves your mental distress. No one deserves that much power over you or your emotions. NO ONE. Stop giving your power to others. YOU and ONLY you should wield that much power over you.
• It doesn’t matter how much you love them or how great they made you feel or if you thought they were your soul mate. What matters is YOU.
• Get over the tragic love mentality … love isn’t tragic nor is it dramatic. It’s important that you see things for what they really are, not what you wish them to be or see them as “the one that got away”.
• There is no doubt that the dating pity party is all about ego and pride - yours. Nothing hurts your pride like being rejected.
• It’s a choice - you can choose to feel sorry for yourself and keep looking back OR you can choose to move forward and look ahead to your bright future.
• What will you choose? Light or darkness? Power or weakness? It’s up to you.
• POST IT NOTE / MANTRA: I will NOT feel sorry for myself