SMARTER VOLLEY with Joe Trinsey - Part 1
Episode 175 Season 5
- 1:49 - Why Joe has been taking a break from social media and the internet + what he has gained from it.
- 3:45 - Freeing up time to focus on his own thoughts and opening up time to write a new book/training manual.
- 4:20 - Joe’s blog (what he was originally planning on writing in a book format)
- 5:00 - What Joe thought he gained or missed by taking a break.
- 6:20 - Value of being bored + value of also taking breaks from educational resources.
- Fostering great ideas from boredom.
- 7:14 - Joe’s blog (what he was originally planning on writing in a book format)
- Read Joe’s blog here: https://smartervolley.substack.com/
- Extra resources on his blog (some film, stats, etc).
- 10:59 - Joe’s triangle connecting terminal serves, first ball, and transition aspects.
- 12:36 - The extent to which the “Terminal Serves” aspect has an impact on matches from varying age levels.
- 13:55 - Putting terminal serves in the context of stats.
- 14:19 - “Our aces + opponent’s service errors” vs “Our service errors + opponent’s aces”.
- 15:16 - Measuring first ball attacking/putting it in the context of stats.
- 18:48 - Understanding transition win percentages.
- 22:25 - What to work on if one point of the triangle is successful, but another is lacking.
- 26:27 - What the standard would be in indoor volleyball + how high school volleyball practice can be structured to meet that standard and potentially go beyond it.
Get CYBO the book! https://www.amazon.com/dp/1098630904
Support the show: https://www.patreon.com/coachyourbrainsout
Audio recordings, show notes and artwork of this podcast are the property of its owner and are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by jCasts.